1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Casper Star-Tribune (Casper, Wyo.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wouldn't say that. If you know design, you know design. You could always learn Quark, even if your experience is all on InDesign.

2. ogre

ogre Member

I second that. I never had used Quark before the first job, and it doesnt take long to pick up. Same thing with InDesign for that matter. You can learn the mechanical side of using software. Knowing what to do with it under pressure is the thing that is difficult.

3. azom

azom Member

I third that.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

pssst. stop pushing the CNFR.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Really?
    http://www.caspercollege.edu/

----------

Life in Casper is what you make of it. I know I enjoyed my time there, though Casper is far from the most happening place. If you like desolate, windswept vistas, this is the place for you.

The CST is a Lee paper, so you could do much worse in terms of compensation and benefits.

6. Do you get to cover the annual Grammar Rodeo?

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Junior college doesn't count. :p

8. azom

azom Member

No, that's in Canada.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's as close as any place but Laramie gets.

For those who didn't already know, UW is the only four-year college in the Equality State.

10. Does a recent college graduate have a realistic shot at this job, or is that a pipe dream? And would this be a good starting job?

11. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Can't be. If it was, it'd be the Grammaur Roudeo.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

If you have some good clips, I'd think you'd be a good candidate. And, yes, this would be a good starting job. You'll write lots, cover lots and learn lots. Pretty much all smaller papers give you some of the best learning experiences you can hope for fresh out of college.

Draft saved Draft deleted