1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cashman to A-Rod: Shut the f^&* up!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AtticusFinch, Jun 25, 2013.

1. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

A-Rod tweets about rehab, Brian Cashman goes postal:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9422957/fed-brian-cashman-tells-alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-shut-up

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That Manky didn't start this thread is an upset.

3. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I was coming here to post this!

ARod just needs to retire. No one misses him.

4. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

If ARod had played up to his regular season ability in the playoffs, the Yankees probably would have won the World Series in 2004, 2008, and 2010.

Yes, Jeter has slumped a couple times in the playoffs but those are the exceptions. The amazing thing is, Jeter has played in 158 postseason games and gotten a hit in 144 of those games. Take out those 14 games and his postseason batting average is .372.

5. beanpole

beanpole Member

Jeter is awesome. If you take away all the times he got an out, his average is 1.000.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I hate that this is going to put me on record forever and ever as having once agreed with even a small portion of a Manky post, but I think he's right on this count.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Jesus, Cashman is an asshole.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But he's not the biggest one in this case ...

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That may be. But not in this case.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

How so? In this particular case, an injured player excitedly tweets that his rehab is going well. His GM profanely bitches him out to the media. With full acknowledgement that this is A-Rod we're talking about, how is he the bad guy here?

11. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

I mean I guess this is obvious, but I'm sure Cashman wouldn't have reacted that way if it was any other player. Lot of animosity there...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I don't doubt that Cashman is an asshole, but I don't blame him here, especially if the Yankees were trying to get an insurance claim for A-Fraud.

Draft saved Draft deleted