1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Casey Anthony arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I really can't for the life of me comprehend how a professional investigator can fail on something as basic as checking Mozilla history.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think she's guilty as hell but I just don't see how this is would have made any difference at her trial.

They had a mountain of circumstancial and physical evidence and they still couldn't get a conviction. This wouldn't have been enough to tip the scales IMO.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are we sure her dad didn't do the Internet search?

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Even if you wanted to argue that, the fact blows up the defense theory of the case that the child accidentally drowned and it was covered up. It was the plausibility of that theory that won her acquittal. The state didn't have a coherent theory of the case, and didn't even discredit the defense theory.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who did Simon_Cowbell morph into?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Alma

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I can come up with very few things less necessary than a Casey Anthony biopic.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, man. My wife was glued to the coverage of that trial. Reminds me of how annoying Nancy Grace is. And the term "Tot Mom" is burned into my brain.

12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted