1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Case of the (Re)Runs: Emergency!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Should Coco, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Loved....LOVED....Emergency, as a kid. Many a highlight Saturday night, with the folks out for the evening, a TV dinner (foil pack.......fried chicken or salisbury steak), and Emergency on the tube. The fact that TV was only allowed on the weekend (in limited doses, at that) certainly upped the "forbidden pleasure" element.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My brothers and I watched it all the time but our old man, who was a paramedic, thought it was complete shit. I think he liked Julie London, though. I always thought Kelly Bracket was a cool name.

And now that I'm older (and I'm drafting off JJ's heat with this one) it is very cool that Bobby Troupe, who was married to Julie London and played Dr. Joe Early, was also the guy who wrote the immortal "Route 66".

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It's cooler that Julie London sang the definitive version of "Cry Me a River". :)

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not a chance, babe, it was Joe Cocker. :)

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sometimes your Brampton just gets the better of you. ;)

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

More interesting that London had been previously married to creator of show - Jack Webb.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

C'est possible.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

One of my favorite shows as a kid.

9. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

"Station 51 ... KMG365"

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I always wondered why the fire trucks always turned right out of fire house. Always seemed to pass the same cars.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

;D

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, man, that show was my favorite in my early childhood, by miles.

Used to watch every Saturday night, and used to talk about it on the playground with my friends on Monday. My mom even got me the Roy DeSoto and Johnny Gage action figures (don't call them dolls!) for my birthday one year.

I'll catch a rerun late at night every once in a while. It's obviously a little dated, but still great viewing.

Draft saved Draft deleted