1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

carson palmer -- wow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Aug 28, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

both of you guys are way off on this one. yes, preseason football blows. but when a star like palmer is trying to come back 7 1/2 months after major knee surgery and plays like this the first time out of the box, it's a terrific story. much like i'd be interested in seeing how someone like, say, a roger clemens would pitch his first time back from tommy john surgery in his first exhibition game start.

this isn't a "bengals crush hapless packers in an exhibition game" thread. it's a carson palmer's comeback thread. you don't care? jerk yourself off.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bank.

What's the bet, oh great and powerful one?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, it sure can't be a handle bet anymore. Not sure, but I'm convinced the Royals could have been a wild card contender in the NL. I firmly believe that.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuckin A, Palmer just went for $26 in our auction league. Fuck. I was worried it would be the steal of the draft. Damnit.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I suddenly feel a lot better about the season.

More remarkable was the fact that Chad Johnson was a non-factor in the first half.

This is a Bengals team that will put up a ton of points this season.

6. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

C'mon Hank, there were like four games tonight.

I picked up Carson after seeing the first two TDs.

7. Carson Palmer once made a woman meow.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He even scrambled and slid!

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

That is big for Palmer. Likely his best game since USC beat Notre Dame, or even better, his performance in a high school title game in Orange County his senior year when his Santa Margarita High team bested a DeShaun Foster-led Tustin High team in the late 1990s.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Carson was great...but how about that T.J. Whose-your-mama.He did great because the Pack doubled on Chad, but a good performance is a good performance.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Question is, how many points will they surrender to opponents? When they beat the Steelers 38-31 last year, they won in turnovers 4-0 and needed a stop in the final two minutes to secure the victory. When you're plus-four in turnovers, there should never be a need to make a stand that late in the game to win it. The defense is still very suspect.

Obviously, the offense will be anything but that.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Why do I feel his recovery was aided in some way, especially considering the news about the 2003 Panthers ... It's great to see him back, but still 7 1/2 months after that kind of a knee injury? Something just isn't right

Draft saved Draft deleted