1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carrie Prejean in the news again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 5, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, that mashup is awesome. And I've never heard of "Making Plans for Nigel," and my only knowledge of XTC is "XTC vs. Adam Ant" by They Might Be Giants. :D

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Further mashup-jack: that Tweet vs. XTC mashup and this Adina Howard vs. Gary Numan ("Freak Like Me" over "Are Friends Electric?") makes me believe we need more big black female voices over New Wave beats. (Link has excerpts of other examples)

(I believe the Sugababes in England covered this mashup and had a No. 1 hit with it.)

3. Oh hell yes mashup-jack! I've been into this "Gray Album" style mixup of Sufjan Stevens' (Come on feel the) Illinoise.

Sufjan + Brother Ali = win.

And also!

Sufjan + Grand Puba = maybe better!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Cool Jerk" by the Go-Go's.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

C'mon Bob. How could you miss Pictures Of Lily and Turning Japanese? Both written about men, but could theoretically apply to women too.

Do women turn Japanese or is it just men?

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's really just an example of the Parable of the Talents.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm watching her on Hannity right now - she sure nows how to play the victim. Apparently she sent it to an old boyfriend - who ended up sending it to TMZ.
    Why is it when someone proclaims "I'm not perfect," it gives the impression that they think they are?

And having her mom in the room when she denied the person on the tape was her must have been a nice treat.

Really - if I'm in a room of lawyers and they say they have a tape of me doing something embarassing - even if I am certain it's bogus, no way I let one of my folks stay in the room when it is being played. I get embarassed enough watching a respectable movie with a nude scene with my parents.

8. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Look Mom, one hand!

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Earlier tonight, Larry King rubbed her the wrong way:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/11/carrie-prejean-larry-king-live/

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

"Touch Me in the Morning" ... Diana Ross

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Larry King asks her why she settled - "I can't answer that. - but here's my new book!" I'm pretty sure she answered Hannity when he asked her the same question.
    Trump is suggesting that she leaked the sex tape to boost her book tour.
    King looked pissed - and he never looks pissed. Confused? yeah, but not pissed. Prejean bailed on his show one time earlier.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Touch Of My Hand" by Britney Spears ....

Draft saved Draft deleted