1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carrie Fisher, then and now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Feb 12, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I take back anything I ever said bad about you...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

She was on Ferguson a few days ago... very open about a lot of stuff and they had to use the kill switch to omit a few words. Riotous interview.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

While an attractive woman, I've never understood why people claim she's "hot."

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

"Carrie Fisher? Nah, I wouldn't hit that. That's why I have Ally McBeal." [/HanSolo]

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

But current geek favorite Olivia Munn wore it better, in my opinion:

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nice.

As I remember also, Carrie Fisher, who was somewhat "well-rounded" in the first two SW movies, had to go on a near-anorexic diet (among other weight-losing techniques) for about a year before "Return of the Jedi" was shot to dump 30 pounds or so to get into "bikini shape" -- she never actually looked like that.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Wah, wah, wee woah ...

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

In case you need more comparisons...

http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com/members/whatsnew.html

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I Love the Internet
    [​IMG]

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

from the Web site, presented by the Webmaster with not a drop of irony ...

Frequently Asked Questions

If it's just a bikini, why is it so expensive?
    Although it's a skimpy outfit, the costume actually consists of over 25 individual parts made by hand. Each part is cast from a mold, trimmed, sanded and then finally painted and assembled. Many long hours go into the process.

Can I get a longer chain?
    Sure! Just let us know how many links you want and we'll quote you a price.

Where can I find the right boots?
    First, you will want your boot color to match your bra lining. It really ties the whole outfit together, color-wise. So if your bra is lined in olive green, get some olive green boots if you can. The type of material for the boots should be suede or suede-like and the heel should be flat. You can often find great boots between $20 to $30 on eBay. Do a search with these key words and you're bound to find something....

"suede flat boots"
    "suede scrunch boots"
    "suede slouch boots"

This seller here is known to have excellent boots at a great price.

What should I wear for underwear?
    Although it's technically accurate to the movie to not wear anything, it's not advisable when going out in public. It's really important to wear something under the outfit, for your own protection. A thong with clear sides is a very popular undergarment. Another option would be a C String, which eliminates panty lines. They can often be found on eBay for less than $10.

If I make my own skirts, what do you recommend for material and color?
    For a reasonably priced material, an immitation silk called "Silkessence" works wonderfully. It's very light weight, easy to clean, and has a great raw silk texture and shine to it. It can be found at the JoAnne Fabrics website. "Wine" would be a great color choice, as well as "Purple", "Red" and "Fuchsia".

For real silk, dupioni material would be another good recommendation. It also has a nice raw silk texture and shine to it. It is also a little more heavier weight than the immitation silk. Just be sure to wash it first before cutting it out, since it will shrink quite a bit. Use a cold/gentle cycle for your washer, then throw it into the dryer. This process will loosen the fabric up and make it much more soft. You can find this material on eBay in a variety of colors including Burgundy, Purple and Red. And be sure to get 2 yards, since it will shrink.

Can I buy bikini parts separately?
    Absolutely! Just email us what individual parts you want and we'll quote you a price.

Draft saved Draft deleted