1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carrie Fisher on "Today"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Dec 10, 2008.

1. I can never watch "Return of the Jedi" the same way again.

Loud, obnoxious - and large.

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

She's been "plastic surgeried" to death, and was equally as obnoxious.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Damn, baby! Eat a salad!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Time has not been her friend. After Jedi, she went downhill thanks to the booze and drugs.

[​IMG]

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Her book (and the movie) "Postcards from the Edge" is pretty damn good.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She's smart and funny.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Things started downhill after she kissed her brother.

8. I saw her one-woman show "Wishful Drinking" a month ago and it was very, very funny. Her account of Eddie Fisher's leaving her and Debbie for Liz Taylor had me on the floor.
    Sorry if the adolescent jack-off Jedi fantasies get ruined, but this is one smart, hilarious woman.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I didn't even recognize her this morning on Today, but Star Wars was 30 years ago. Maybe time to get over it.

Agree completely with Fenian, she's smart and funny and a really great writer.

10. OK, forget about the appearance shot. That was low.

I was just surprised at the boisterousness. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

She has a razor wit.

Much more impressive than being thin.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's weird. Harrison Ford moved beyond just being Han Solo a long time ago, but some fans can't Fisher as anything other than Princess Leia. Maybe it is because they never had to because the things she has done since then have been so different from Star Wars. Ford had already done Raiders of the Last Ark and Blade Runner before Return of the Jedi came out, so he had already expanded before the original trilogy was done. What was Fisher's most famous movie appearance outside of the Star Wars movies at that time? The small role in Blues Brothers?

That's not to say she hasn't done anything since then. Of course she has. She's not Mark Hamill (though was fantastic as the cartoon voice of the Joker for years). I'm just not sure the good work she has done was the type of material that would attract the average Star Wars fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted