1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carousing Jayhawk products booted from NBA camp

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhsnLmEOtZ0ZbHlyAIv_BUs5nYcB?slug=aw-kansasrookiesbust090308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I wouldn't have thought this of Chalmers.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Rock, chalk, jaybird.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Oz just choked on a ham and cheese sandwich, and doesn't know why.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

And, from what I heard, Michael Beasley was the clean one at the hotel.
    Go figure.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not really. When I was in college, I heard stories of smoke seeping under Paul Pierce and Nick Bradford's dorm room while they played NBA Live for hours and hours. I saw Raef LaFrentz fill out his info on a scantron test for my Greek and Roman mythology class of 500, hand it to what must have been a tutor next to him, then walk out the door. I know KU's not immune to anything that happens at any other university.

I'm just glad it wasn't my favorite off that championship team, Darnell Jackson. Chalmers and Arthur, yeah, I can see where they might get caught for this.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

And wasn't it Chenowith who followed Dave Matthews around for a summer?
    My guess is that he wasn't immune to it (or mass amounts of parking tickets -- but that's neither here nor there).

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

maybe chalmers was questioning an aurora borealis in the gym.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep, Chenowith did follow Dave Matthews one summer -- tallest roadie ever.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My favorite story involving athletes and illegal substances happened when I was 20 and living above some University of Washington FB players at a building in North Seattle. One of the guys, who later was drafted but never played because the team who drafted him found out he robbed someone while in school, was smoking weed and I asked him "So, what is your major". He takes a huge rip off the blunt and blows out the smoke while saying "Eligibility". Just thinking of that makes me laugh at how I thought all college FB player were good upstanding kids when I was younger.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I can't see Jackson toking it up. Somehow, I cackled in delight at the Chalmers and Arthur thing though.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I honestly have no problem with people taking in a little herb. I have a problem with being so stupid to bring it into a setting like this.

Show some self control. Just a little.

The stuff isn't addictive, it just shows that you are an idiot.

I like Jack Daniels. I like it a lot. I ain't taking it to church or to a parent/teacher conference.

Draft saved Draft deleted