1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carolina to Butch Davis: You're Hired!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Chapel Hill is great. But fuck Butch Davis forever and ever. The shit he pulled in Cleveland was awful. I'm sure he'll do well in Carolina as long as he remembers he didn't teach Knute Rockne about football. And if someone else picks the players to recruit.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

At least no Tar Heels have been slain ... off the field, that is.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And now, I must hate Butch Davis overall.

I loved him for saving my 'Canes. Then I hated what he did to Cleveland. Now, I have to hate him.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

which would explain why this is nowhere on the AP wire

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Why hate him for coaching the Tarheels? It's not like Duke is a powerhouse in football, ya know. :D

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He did take them to the playoffs and damn near beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh, no? Wouldn't the next Browns coach to take that team to the playoffs be hailed as a hero?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Butchie is an ass and a poultroon of the highest order.

It didn't take him long to get over his "nervous breakdown" or whatever excuse he made for inserting his head up his own rectum in Cleveland.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Davis should be able to work wonders there... Chapel Hill is one of the best college towns in the country... I just wonder how much it will hurt him that it's a basketball school with virtually no football tradition...

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And then played the prevent defense for a quarter and a half while Tommie Fucking Maddox torched his defense. He got lucky, and barely got in at 9-7. Go look at his drafts. He acts like he learned to pick players by watching the NY Jets. Virtually no one he drafted is still around.

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Bad pro coach, but built Miami from the toes up.

Draft saved Draft deleted