1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carnival passengers: Boat sh*tters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Feb 13, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Stop working my corners, asshole.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Triumph is a very nice boat....

For me to poop on!

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I just wanted to come on here and type starfishboard.

That is all.
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the bathrooms aren't working or why there are lines for food.

The boat won't move. Does that mean it has to turn into 'Lord of the Flies'?
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The power is out on much of the ship. They can't cook a lot of their food, so passengers are limited on where they can eat, instead of having a couple of places to choose from.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But couldn't you set up multiple, new distribution points for food?
    And do the engines have to work for the toilets to work?

Both honest questions, I've never been on a cruise and know nothing them.
  8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have never been on a cruise, and I'm sure it's a lovely experience for most people, but at this point it seems like a fairly perilous situation. Between the unsolved murders, weird illnesses, potential involvement of Rosie O'Donnell, and now a floating Port-o-Potty scenario, I'm out.
  9. The engines generate electricity.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I guess that makes sense. I was thinking 'My toilets don't need power,' but I hadn't thought about the pressure needed in the water system via pumps.
  11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not sure how the systems work, but every story you hear about a stranded cruise ship, one of the first things you hear is about the toilets overflowing with waste. Would not anyone I know to be stranded in that situation.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Different circumstances, but I've been without running water when traveling.
    It's a drag. I certainly wouldn't want to go through it with 3,000 other people who were expecting to be pampered.
    No pun intended.
Draft saved Draft deleted