1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carney v. McCain

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Songbird, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jay Carney, recent White House spokesman, made his CNN debut last night in fine fashion on Anderson Cooper's show. His first gig: 1-on-1 with McCain in the wake of Obama's speech about ISIS.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/mccain-shouts-at-carney-during-his-cnn-debut.html?mid=facebook_nymag

Made for nice TV. Anderson tried to moderate best he could, and Jay tried to be rigid, and was a few times, I suppose, but McCain hammered away.

And before the certain few posters go ballistic and say this is about politics, it ain't, so save your breath and stroke your beads.

(I don't watch CNN anymore but was surfing and saw Carney and wanted to see what was what, come to find out CNN hired him.)

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about politics, but it sure ain't journalism.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

McCain talked about "facts" -- that's journalism, bubba!

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It is, of course, but as usual for you and all your ilk, you don't care and gleefully go ahead and violate site rules.

As far as Carney and McCain, what kind of fucking morons would pay them 10 cents for their thoughts on anything.

Somebody tell Carney he's late for fourth period social studies. Somebody tell McCain he just crashed another plane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.