1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carmelo Anthony Means Bidness

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 5, 2014.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The highlight of last season for the Knicks, if there was one, was Melo scoring 62 (franchise record) in a game. ... All those minutes he gave the Knicks contributed to a 37-win team that didn't make the playoffs (but had arguably as much, or more talent without Melo, as say Lebron had in Cleveland with a team that won 66 games). What cracked me up was that I just googled that 62-point game to make sure I was correctly remembering the doldrums they were in at the time, and the link I clicked on was the Daily News story. The lede was, "Let’s just say that Carmelo Anthony’s body language improved dramatically on Friday night. As did his scoring average."

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The key to wins is obviously body language, not talent.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You are what your record says you are.
    Carmelo is A-Rod without the juice

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Maybe he realizes this isn't going to happen, but if Carmelo really wants to be remembered/praised forever, just win one title in New York (and I'm not saying he's bad because he hasn't won a title). No one will ever shut up about it. Just ask Joe Namath. That is a surefire way to go down as a legend, and in the article he's talking about anything and everything else.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That makes zero sense.

6. Boom_70

Give me some background . Where does your love of Carmelo come from? Are you a 'cuse grad?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with love for Carmelo. I hate lazy narratives and cliches.

8. Boom_70

What's lazy about it? I don't like Carmelo. I don't like his game. Don't think a team can ever win with Carmelo is their feature player.
    It's my right to think that way and his body of work in The NBA has proven my thinking out.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The Knicks should sign Gerry McNamara. Carmelo's never won anything without him.

10. Boom_70

Now there's a guy who could pass the ball and make everyone around him better

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Cough, cough, cough.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Knicks have 1 playoff series win in his 4 years (soon to be 5) with the Knicks. THey couldnt be much worse without him

Draft saved Draft deleted