1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlos Delgado's agent is batsh*t insane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, May 12, 2008.

1. Agents often measure themselves by the size of the contract they get for a player. Sloane got Delgado $16 mil total for this year. The way the notes column was written it could easily be taken that Delgado is only making $12 million this year (because the $4 mil from the Marlins is omitted). That discounts the contract by 25%. I can see why the agent is sensitive about the numbers.

I guess I'm also bothered by this:
    Graziano is basically admitting he's never had any firsthand experience with Sloane but he's willing to call him unbalanced and unprofessional? The guy was baiting the agent and I'm guessing the agent was thinking his emails were private. Hell - think about how batshit insane some of you get if somebody posts a PM on the board. Sloane may be unprofessional but calling someone "unbalanced" or "insane"? Really?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good points, Chris. Graziano didn't do himself any favors by publishing this petty little exchange. He comes off looking just as bad as Sloane.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S hilarious.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Perhaps it's nitpicking, but Graziano didn't necessarily call Sloane insane, unless he wrote the header.

Also, he indicated he'd "heard" about this opinion of Sloane, and now actually has that firsthand experience.

Was Graziano unprofessional in outing the emails? Absolutely.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's not fall over ourselves feeling pity for David Sloane. There's a reason he has one client.

And Chris, I'm pretty sure Sloane nuked the bridge long before Graziano posted this on his BLOG!

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL at BYH giggling over this exchange, after he completely fucked up the details of Vlad's option year on the board earlier this year.

Blogs>>> BYH You didn't think anyone would remember, did you, smiley boy?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

So did your mom.

Not a cool move by Graziano. Let the agent be an ass, but don't start an argument.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

First of all, I'm "giggling" over the agent acting like a clown, not the $$$ figures.

And I didn't fuck it up, teacher-fucking fanboi. do I have to re-post the details from last year's Angels guide for you? :)

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sounds like the agent is a regular SportsJournalists.com poster.

Um, I don't think if you exchange e-mails with a journalist, you should have any expectation of privacy.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We settled every bit of this last November, remember?
    You were wrong about 2009. Fanboi was wrong about the extension

Listen, don't get mad and take it out on me because in high school you sprayed a full can of Chick Repellent on yourself every morning, and your hot teachers wanted nothing to do with you.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

So did your mom.

Draft saved Draft deleted