1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlos Delgado's agent is batsh*t insane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, May 12, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's someone who knows how to spell retard.
  3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hmm...that's interesting. Thoughts on whether or not you'd EVER quote from a response letter/email, even if it's an agent...?
  4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Is that agent related to Chris Havel?
  5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So's your mom.
  6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

That, kids, is perfection.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So's your mom.
  8. I needed this laugh today, I'll tell you that much.
  9. FWIW - this did start with some sloppy numbers by Dan Graziano.

I like to use Cot's Baseball Contracts (not the bible by any means but usually right on the money - pun intended). Here's the Mets page:

Here's what it says about Delgado's contract:
    The numbers from Cot's back up the agent and it took me 10 seconds to check. Was that 10 seconds to much to ask from Dan Graziano? I'm not also a fan of the way he's just burned bridges with Sloane, Delgado, and probably with any other Sloane clients or Delgado's friends. Imagine the outrage if a blogger printed these emails. No offense to Graziano if he posts here.
  10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

All I get are retarded fans sending me hate mail and leaving me invective-filled voice mails.

At least he gets people he can make fun of.
  11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Graziano said the Mets are paying Delgado $12 mill this season which is true. The Marlins are paying the other $4 million. And he said they would owe him $16 mill if they pick up the option for next year or a $4 mill buyout.
    His numbers were accurate...he omitted the fact that in addition to the Mets' $12 mill, the Marlins are paying $4 mill this year.
  12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I think the numbers you cited actually back up Graziano. He said the Mets are paying Delgado $12 mil, which is right, since the other $4 milion is coming from Florida. I think the agent originally misinterpreted what Graziano said, then went certifiably insane.
Draft saved Draft deleted