1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlisle SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by German Ethel Merman, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Wicked, I don't believe those previous threads ever mentioned him by name, as you did in an above post while *publicly* lauding him. No disrespect to you, but I simply disagree with your assessment of the guy, and threw in some well known facts (I'm holding off on some of his lesser known indiscretions) to back up my point of view.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hesitated to even post anything on this thread, since I knew it would come to this. I had heard the news a few weeks ago, but now that these folks are working there and their bylines are in the paper, I thought it was fair game to mention that everything was signed, sealed and delivered.

I'm taking no sides, Wonderlic. Sure, no name was mentioned before, but you can add two and two together. Everyone makes mistakes, someone has landed on their feet, and that's that. If Lee thought it was important enough not to hire him for their paper, I'm sure they wouldn't have hired him.

3. boots

boots New Member

You two kiss and make up NOW!!!!!

4. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

[size=10pt] :-* :-* :-*[/size]

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And I would hasten to add that I've worked with Eric Thomas -- he started as a phoner with us and worked his way up to this point. I offer all the props in the world to him.

6. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

Eric is a good guy who made a youthful mistake in those blog posts. He works his ass off, has a strong desire to do the job right and well.

Congratulation ET on the new gig.

7. Keystone

Keystone Member

I was told that the candidates for SE have been narrowed down and the higher-ups are starting to make reference calls.

8. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Jeez, who the fuck thought there would ever be peeps arguing in this room about Shamokin, Sunbury, Carlisle, whatever.

Jobs like this, just go over to the house and fight each other in the front yard, OK?

Winner gets the gig in Altoona. It's a big step up, I guess.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Cranky, I see.

Fetch me a Yuengling, please.

10. SE job is open again. The newly hired SE quit after a few months.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm hearing eh-like things about the executive editor, hired last year. There has been some turnover there in the editing ranks, and I think they're on their third copy editor in a year.

12. Keystone

Keystone Member

I heard the SE burned out pretty quickly and was worked pretty hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted