1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlin and Coulter now on Leno

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 15, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's what I was hoping for. Leno sitting quietly in the background while Carlin and Coulter talked to each other about the sociological and political issues facing the country.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Because your Whalers forgot THEY were on the fucking power play.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If he would have done that, it could be considered showing up the host and Carlin might never be invited back. PLus, George doing Disney movies and 10-10-220 commercials shows that George has sold out a bit in his advanced years so he may not give as much of a shit. A young Carlin would have been in her face, I'd imagine.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

hey Hey HEY they are NOT my Whalers anymore. ARE. NOT.

Fuck you, Karmanos. Go Oilers!!!

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'll use this thread to say I was disappointed that whatever team had won three games of the series did not win the fourth tonight.

That's my one hope in hockey: for series to end quickly.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There's probably a thick pelt of hair on her back. Not to mention a treasure trail.

You know, I really worry about anyone who believes this thing has even a smidgin of sex appeal.

Whoever said the old Carlin would have eaten her for lunch was dead on.

8. Zeek

Zeek Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Johnny Carson wouldn't have had it on, IMHO....

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Tonight show has never been a format where all the guests enter into debate. Next guest comes out and the other moves over a seat and for most part just listens. Johny Carson deemed it rude if previous guest jumped back into conversation.

11. f8andbethere

f8andbethere Member

I was truly dissapointed that Carlin pulled out that tired old stand up bit to open with.  He's been using it for what, a decade?  Get some new material.   :(

Props to leno for really challenging coulter on being a crude bitch. I can't recall him grilling another guest like that.

12. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

And if he had, it would have been one hell of a final appearance.

Draft saved Draft deleted