1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carl Peterson out in K.C.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dickens Cider, Dec 15, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

True. Plenty of Chiefs fans in the other five states depicted, but Arkansas is a stretch. I guess Hunt didn't want to cede Arkansas to the Cowboys, since he was still stinging from having to bail on Big D thanks to Murchison's free-spending ways and the NFL's influence.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

NY Times' football blog linked to Posnanski's column today on the Chiefs, humorously calling for this move. Good stuff. His SI.com column noted that he has a winter meetings story this week. I saw him in Vegas, and thought it odd that he'd be there for the Royals.

http://www.kansascity.com/180/story/937307.html

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Really? Hadn't heard this. Where are they headed?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I hear Cincinnati really wants an NFL team.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Whitlock dancing on Peterson's grave would be more of the fat man's bullshit hypocrisy.
    Wasn't he the one praising the hiring of Herm Edwards?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Work your corners, Spnited.

Work your corners.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Both Arkansas and Oklahoma are solid Cowboy blue.

Even way up in NWA, which is about 3 1/2 hours from KC, give or take.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Not doubting it's true but I remember passing and being passed by a ton of Arkansas license plates on 71 going to Chiefs games, a few years ago when they were worth watching.

As for Cowher, I'll believe it when I see it. I will grant the argument that Kansas City is a great football town when the team is at least decent.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Peterson deserves much of the credit, but Whitlock will NE
    Um, think about it. Herm will never get dissed the way Carl did, at least not by Whit.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

From SI.com:

Clark Hunt wouldn't identify any possible candidates to replace Carl Peterson as Chiefs general manager. Hunt, the Chiefs' chairman, did reveal a list of qualities he's looking for in Peterson's replacement. "I want somebody who's a shrewd evaluator of football talent," Hunt said. "(His) job will be 24/7 to think about the football team. That's the most important quality. Obviously I'm looking for a strong leader, a good communicator, preferably somebody who has experience in building a winning NFL team." Though he was speaking generically, he could have been describing Scott Pioli, New England's vice president of player personnel. Pioli, 43, could wind up as Hunt's primary target. With Pioli assisting coach Bill Belichick with personnel decisions over the last nine years, the Patriots played in four Super Bowls, winning three. Pioli has had many chances to interview for general-manager openings around the league and declined many. He could be lured by the Chiefs, who would likely offer the same autonomy to run the football operation that was given to Peterson. Pioli probably would embrace the emphasis on youth that Hunt said would continue in Kansas City.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pioli's not going anywhere. He loves being in New England. That, or Belichick has photos.

Draft saved Draft deleted