1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carl Peterson bashes Whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by The_Plan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm a Chiefs fan who doesn't give a shit about what Carl Peterson thinks of you. We can pretty much guess.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Time for a new broom, Whitlock. apparently C-Pete isn't impressed with your corner sweeping skills. Which means he'll probably never post here.

3. Why is there so much hate on Whitlock on this board? Just asking....

4. If Peterson hates Whitlock then Whitlock is probably doing his job ...

5. 1. yes, i think it's ok. it's well-known in kc that i'm the rock in peterson's shoe. i irritate the hell out of the guy and provoke him to do dumb stuff. he has writers on the team's web site who make it a habit to bash me. the peterson-whitlock feud is quite a soap opera in kc.

2. never being around = been to every chiefs game for 12 years, have had great relationships with many of peterson's best players, can get most of his players on the phone whenever i want, never have had a problem getting one-on-ones with his head coaches, even the ones who hated me (marty) and don't have any problem getting peterson to do what i want, including coming to my house for a christmas party.... don't know what's going on = when readers start believing that they'll quit reading my column. i don't care what peterson says. i care about what he thinks. if i was as uninformed as he states, he wouldn't worry at all about what i write.

overall, carl peterson is my no. 1 earner. yes, from time to time he complains about my pimp hand, but he always brings daddy his money and lots of it.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I don't hate Whitlock. I just don't care for his ego, that's all.

Enjoy his column, though.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I fail to see how it applies in this case. Hell, a columnist would have to be on the payroll for a coach or owner of a pro team in town not to find something to be pissed about.

On message boards, when the loonies aren't ripping their team or the rival team they are ripping the local paper, especially the columnists.

8. ChicoTheMan

ChicoTheMan Member

Speaking of the pimp hand, Jason, how are things going with you getting the credentials back for the radio people in KC?

Remember when you were at the NBA Finals and were spouting off on here about the Glasses: "Bitch better have my money when I get back" to Kansas City, wasn't it? Did they have it?

Don't tell me you've given up on that crusade, or is it too much a blow to the ego that the big, bad columnist couldn't get the worst owner in pro sports to cave in ... or even sit down for a face-to-face?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted