1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carl Everett jailed for putting gun to wife's head

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In the least surprising news since Elijah Dukes' last arrest ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6430043

I'm sure a lot of you, as I have, had the pleasure of dealing with "The Truth" during his playing days.

Just an utter jackass of a human being. You couldn't ask him what count a swing came on without him using it as an excuse to prove how he is the smartest human being to ever walk the planet and you are the dumbest.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That'll teach her for believing in dinosaurs.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm sure we've done it before, but I'd be curious who the all-time worst players to deal with would be.

I never dealt with him personally, but based on the stories I've heard, Albert Belle would be at the top.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Kenny Lofton

5. Mizzougrad96

It's funny because I only covered baseball for two seasons, but my entire list would be baseball players.

6. Mizzougrad96

Ken Griffey Jr. would be pretty high on my list, but I've been told he was at his worst when I had to deal with him and that he got better later in his career.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Forget dinosaurs, did he think she was a werewolf?

Seriously? A silver gun? Are you trying to impress the person with your wealth, or ability to piss it away, right before you shoot them?

Did Carl fashion himself as a gentleman bandit super villain? Was he always asking people if they were Batman?

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

this, this, 1000x this.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I need more coffee. Thought I read "Chad" Everett.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've never covered MLB on a regular basis (I've spot-covered a few games here and there), but I have to imagine Steve Carlton, George Hendrick and Eddie Murray have to be on any such list (though as I understand, Murray wasn't really rude, he just didn't talk).

As far as one isolated incident goes, Bret Saberhagen spraying bleach on reporters has to rank pretty high (or low) on the list.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Bobby Bonilla was much fun when he was a Met.

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Eddie was always great for a disdainful look of scorn if you dare ventured near him with a recording device. When Eddie Murray, Albert Belle and Kenny Lofton were on the same team with the Indians it was LOADS of fun to go into that clubhouse, let me tell you. At least Omar Vizquel was around to give quotes to anyone that would listen to him. Omar made it tolerable at least.

Draft saved Draft deleted