1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Careful what you post on teh Facebook, Part 3,920,998

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 22, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

2. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

Happened in Canada by the way.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Need more facts.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I think this is actually only part 3,919,765. Way to exaggerate. :)

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

My friend back in Minnesota who has ALS and is now completely confined to a wheelchair and doesn't have much use of his arms either, lost part of the benefit he was receiving from this group that pays for medical equipment. My dad and another of the guy's former co-workers took him to a high school basketball playoff game. Loaded him into the chair, the specialized van, and took him to the gym for his first game in a year. And as a huge hoops fan, he had a great time. The problem was the director of this program was also at the game and saw him and said his plan only allowed for him to be able to leave for religious services or emergencies.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes, as everyone who knows anything about depression will tell you, if you ever have any kind of a good time at all - if you ever even so much as smile - you are totally not depressed. ::)

As a former Manulife client, through my former job, let me just say that Manulife sucks and has sucked long before this particular issue came to light. Sucks so hard, in fact, trailer hitches in the vicinity of Manulife offices nationwide are relieved of their chrome. The end.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

wfw

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

for some people, a hs hoops game is a religious service

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is just another example of why it never pays to have fun or even appear to have fun, dammit!

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Reason number 37,456,812 why my Facebook is set to private.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Shouldn't/Couldn't she have done that? I hear all these horror stories of bosses, etc, finding out things about people through Facebook and the like and always wonder why they're not set to private. And then I worry that even though mine is set to private, I'm going to get screwed over somehow.

12. Last graf of the AP story was the best:

"Manulife wouldn't comment on Blanchard's case, but did say they would not deny or terminate a claim solely based on information published on Web sites such as Facebook."

Suuuuuure.

Draft saved Draft deleted