1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Careful reaching for that Election Night pizza...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by luckyducky, Nov 4, 2008.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Same here. And each restaurant we traded with thought they were getting, by far, the better end of the deal. We used to laugh at that, since we were convinced that we were.

One night, when they were getting dickish about the pizza, I turned off the TV in our section, where we were watching sports. The pizza flow resumed soon after.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I would kill OR give up my two slices of pizza to be working on sports, or not working at all tonight. So don't complain. ;D ;D

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pizza for what we do on Friday nights, all the newsies will pat themselves on the back for a job well done and all the news editors will compliment their staff for a lot of work on a tight deadline...
    welcome to our world...

4. This brings back memories. I remember one election night when I ordered the pizza, my boss got pissed at me because the pies arrived early and the copy desk and sports guys snagged a few slices. I worked closely with the copy desk and sports staff (great guys and guys) and I wasn't going to be a douche and tell them no. My boss told me I should have locked up the pizza in her office until the news reporters arrived. Funny, there were plenty of slices left at the end of the night.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You should have told her 3rd grade called and it said people are supposed to share now.

6. We have a few of the newside people who will do that. Mostly though it is the dayside editors who fret, fuss and preen over the Tuesday night task as if was a Herculean effort.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No one cries more over not getting free food than sportswriters.

8. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

I chose to work from home tonight to avoid the pissing and moaning that's likely to come from the news side people who have to work late. I know the worst of the bunch will be the guy who should know better, being a former SE himself.
    At least I can sit here and drink a beer and eat my own pizza while I call coaches for our winter sports previews ... although I imagine my sportswriters are enjoying themselves at work ;D

9. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

if someone is between you and the pizza, what do you do?

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Inaccurate generalization:

Accurate generalization:

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Our pizza here in Jersey is really good, and because of this thread I ate 3 pieces quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted