1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Careers in Commuincations

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kweonsam, Dec 4, 2014.

1. kweonsam

kweonsam New Member

Can someone please help me out? Please? What careers are available with Communications? Google, I know, but I heard that there are a Crap Ton of different communicatinos out there such as Mass Communications or just regular Communications.. wtf

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Good grief. I don't even know where to start.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It never hurts to learn how to spell it.

First, I mean.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are we Googling to find jobs or trying to find communications jobs at Google?

I will just say I recently moved over to a communications role at a health insurance company and was surprised at the number and variety of communications people they employ.

Not sexy stuff, but the hours are great.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'll second that. I was a journo from 1996 to fall of 2013, moved over to internal corporate comms for a financial company in NYC. My pay more than doubled and the hours are set, the stress is 1/10th, and there are a lot of ex-journalists (or at least people who appreciate words) in the industry.

BTW, I had no background in business writing, but I had a diversity of clips beyond sports, so that probably helped.

6. Madison Sports

Madison Sports New Member

It's good to see someone finally observe correct AP style regarding the capitalization of Crap Ton.

Draft saved Draft deleted