1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinals Rising

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Uh ... no.

The Pirates were at least in the playoffs from 90-92. The Brewers have had some good years since '82 (most notably '87-'88 and '92), but always had better teams ahead of them and the Brewers dropped to the lowest depths of dog ass (see 2002) in the early part of this decade.

Pirates fans need to suffer another 10 years to know the feeling. :D

That's more like it! Fuck the Cubs!

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I think the bit about the AL being stronger is almost indisputable. They're pounding the NL in the all-star game every season. There was a time when the NL was the league of strategy and defense. I think those days are long gone. Even if one were to conclude that the Cardinals are worthy of winning the Central and worthy of being the NL's best team, I'm not sure that says much.

And as far as the Cards or Brewers winning the NL pennant, I don't think either would have a shot in the World Series. The Cards pitching is piss poor, and we all know you can't have that in the World Series. Last year was pure magic, but that was an anomaly.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Who? Me? NEVER!

4. doubledown68

indeed

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

No probably not. I do think some of them care about the decision not to go to NL a decade ago. Despite how awful the Royals have been, they have a winning record vs. the NL the last two years. And it seems possible that a winning record may not be required to win the Central this year.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This thread won't be complete until Doc tells us how he feels about the Cubs

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The Cardinals will win the Central.

I have accepted this, but I am not happy about it.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The fuck they will.

9. doubledown68

To clarify: I love the powder blues. They just look re-goddam-diculous on teams like St. Louis and Philadelphia.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Buck, all I can say is, you're an animal. BTW, the Bob Horner and Dale Murphy unis have the same shape. Those two were not build remotely similar.

Oh, and the crimson Phillies set establishes a new low for putrescence.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

There are worse sartorial sins than the Phils' crimson jammies. I think the 1973 Padres media guide referred to these unis as the "Urine from a Dehydrated Man" ensemble.
    [​IMG]

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

How can it be possible that the Cardinals' hot streak is coinciding with LaRussa's idiotic decision to hit ALL of his pitchers eighth?

Only in St. Louis.

Draft saved Draft deleted