1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinals reliever Hancock killed in car accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Saint Lou, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What you call silly, I call being precise and logical. I've stopped when I was sleepy and fallen asleep at the wheel before. It was no problem because I wasn't driving.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't think one is worse than the other, because neither should be done and both put people's lives in danger.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Didn't Roy Tarpley do that? Didn't he get a DUI?

If I fall asleep after having pulled over, I have fallen asleep in my car.

If I am driving, I am "at the wheel."

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If you're drunk and behind the wheel and not driving, it isn't dangerous. It could, however, get you arrested.

5. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Just saw the PC...apparently, Hancock was going westbound and not eastbound like I thought. Instead of going into the blind turn, he was in the wide open. The flatbed tow truck was in the fast lane helping another car. Hancock came straight at the two truck and then apparently tried to turn at the last second...

6. boots

boots New Member

Roy Tarpley did a lot of shit.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didnt know he was from this area till they did a moment of silence at the minor league game this afternoon

8. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Horrible, thats all you can say.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Insightful.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

RIP to a young guy who had his whole life ahead of him. If it turns out he did fall asleep or was drunk, then I'm glad he didn't take anyone else out with him.

11. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Nice column by Bernie Miklasz:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/238C535D80BF2FE4862572CD000B113F?OpenDocument

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If your keys are in the ignition, you could get a DUI even i you are asleep in the back seat if you are over the limit. However, if your keys are not in the ignition, you won't. You might get a public intox if the cop's a dickhead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.