1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinals reliever Hancock killed in car accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Saint Lou, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You don't do that three miles from home.

Don't anyone lie and say that they do.

2. boots

boots New Member

Some times, old great one, those fucking things are inconclusive.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

On the PostDispatch CardsTalk thread, Bernie Miklasz said a lot of players cleared out quickly to go to the Costas thing, but that Hancock was still in the dressing room when he (Bernie M.) was leaving. For what that's worth.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Driving while asleep is worse than driving drunk? You don't say. ::)

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I've fallen asleep once at the wheel – once – and I'm lucky not only to be alive but that I didn't take anybody else out at the same time.

More troubling, I once had the experience of "waking up" on the road with no memory whatsoever of getting up, getting dressed and heading out to work. All of a sudden, bzzzzz, I'm driving west on I-66. That was disturbing, but I understand it's not uncommon. Doctor, your thoughts?

6. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Remind me never to car pool with you.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Falling asleep at the wheel isn't dangerous at all. Falling asleep while driving? That's a different story. (Sorry, I've always hated the cliche "falling asleep at the wheel" because anybody can do that with no problem as long as you're not driving.)

8. Simon_Cowbell

Silly attempt at a distinction.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I've zoned out to a point that I can't remember getting onto a certain Interstate.

10. skippy05

skippy05 Member

I had terrible sleep apnea to the point I was getting 10-11 hours of sleep per night, waking up exhausted, then dozing off on the way to work an hour later. Thank God for C-PAP machines...

11. Simon_Cowbell

This is me in a nutshell, but my C-PAP is ineffective with me.

Wake up with the worst cotton mouth of all time (I'f you have woken up with cotton mouth after smoking a lot of ganja, well, that is wet mouth compared with this).

12. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Do you use the chinstrap? It helped me quite a bit. I still have the dry mouth a bit, but I'll take that anyday. Now, I get about 7 hours of sleep a day and am completely rested...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.