1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardale Jones is intelligent, says Urban Meyer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 19, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Those scores mean jack shit, until the player turns out to suck, or beats his girl and it's caught on cam, or he's arrested for whatever. When Vince Young scored so low, the test was downplayed. When he turned out to be somewhere in between Ryan Leaf and Jeff George, the score was brought up a lot more. Not sure of his wonderlic score, but Laremy Tunsil should be one of those guys with the low wonderlic score and questions about his decision making. (From someone who sat it on some of the interviews with team physchs) Tunsil had difficulty understanding why he was wrong in not returning a rented (loaner) car on the day it was supposed to be returned.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Not to mention that he hangs out with Robert Nkemdiche who I keep hearing is suppose to
    be very smart.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I had a friend in high school, a rural white kid even, who I would describe the same way. He knew more about cars than anybody I knew and tons about other stuff, but really struggled with classroom work. He struggled at a state university for a while because he was a champion high jumper and wanted to give that a shot, but quickly realized he was better off at a vocational school.

Draft saved Draft deleted