1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

car trouble (again)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It might have been better if your mother would have researched exactly when the last sucker was born and refrained from pushing during any of the one-minute intervals of that time.

2. beanpole

beanpole Member

I'm awful with math, but I'm guessing the $1600 for the warranty was also financed, for a total of $6700?

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with the mechanic. The warranty people want to inspect it and see how much it will cost to repair it.

4. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

RAMBO just read this thread and said, "Your stuiped."

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I can't get this song out of my head:

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Maybe it's time to think about finding a job that is accessable by public transportation.

7. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

No, just take an adult with you next time you purchase a car.

And as someone said earlier, internally lubricated would mean the transmission, as well. That fluid stuff I mentioned checking is oil/lubricant.

Whatever you do Smallp, promise us this, be an asshole to your warranty company. They're likely going to try to get out of doing anything if it's borderline. Read the warranty forward and back, and pay your mechanic $20 for advice or to teach you the lingo they may use to tell you why they shouldn't replace your warranty. Don't take no for an answer.

Lubricated is lubricated. If you don't fight them on this, they'll give it to you without lubricant.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I see what you did there.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Next time, don't buy the warranty. I fell into the same trap (despite warnings), but its a waste. My warranty was $1,700 (but it did come with lifetime oil changes--guess where I am every 3,000 miles)

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes threads like this are always the best.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I was laughing like a hyena through page one. I love this!!

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I was wondering when you'd show up.

Draft saved Draft deleted