1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car Shopping II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Apr 6, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, after all sorts of researching, I have to say that the folks who shared their negotiating knowledge paid off huge.

Today, I went to Edmunds.com and snagged three quotes for a Subaru Impreza wagon, which is a step down from the car I really wanted. The quote I received tonight seemed more than reasonable. They quoted me the invoice price minus the current $500 or $750 rebate. I figure that anything below invoice price is pretty good. Is that an accurate assumption?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Usually.

The main thing is - are you happy with the overall price, the interest rate on the loan and your monthly payments? If the answer to all those questions is "Yes" then you got a good deal ... even if somebody else two states over might have gotten the same make and model for $1,000 less than you did.

Draft saved Draft deleted