1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car Racing sports editor, Cedar Falls, IA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

From Journalismjobs.com

Car Racing sports editor: This professional is expected to cover car racing, interact with writers and columnists, travel to races and be responsible for the overall integrity of the paper product and the Web site. Delivering quality copy on deadline is essential as are news gathering, layout and communication skills.

This is a full time opportunity with company benefits. Email resume to editor@cedarfallstimes.com

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Aww, man, it's too bad I love my current job ...

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

This sounds like a great job but go to the Web site first. This is not the main paper in CF/Waterloo, and this job, at this paper, sounds way too good to be true.

http://cedarfallstimes.com/

4. kyro15

kyro15 New Member

That doesn't make sense for a small town paper to have a editor for such a specific sport.

I wonder if it isn't for another publication that's affliated with them.

5. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

At least I know now I wasn't the only one who was a bit thrown by this ad. ... You know what they say, Serve, if it sounds way too good to be true ...

6. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

i got a sniff from the editor in an email. I sent a rather vague response to the ad and got an email back with what is your long term employment goal and how would you transition to small town Iowa. here's a clue, the paper I'm at now is a whopping 4,200 circulation. guess she figured it was either too large or too small or my answer was less than what she wanted to hear...guess being able to do the job is just a minor thing, don't matter how well you write as long as you want to be president of the corp. someday huh guys, what do you think?

Draft saved Draft deleted