1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car Insurance Recommendations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 24, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

She was the Yada-Yada girl. :)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Impossible. It's what they're based on. It's what their commercials claim. You just didn't click on the button.

At the bottom, when you got your rates, your choice was "continue to buy" or "compare our direct rate." You just chose not to click on the button. So don't say it wasn't an option.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Flo, that oughta be your next commerical!

"Don't SAY it wasn't an option!!"

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have Esurance and considering I have a number of tickets and only pay $115 a month, they are ok.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Progressive. A million times Progressive.

The company's rates have always beaten the competition, and I've had them in three different regions. I have liability, collision and comprehensive and they have yet not to beat the competition - right now they're below $60 a month on a '03 sports coupe. After a hail storm, they came out and assessed the damage and cut me a check on the spot, so their rates aren't coming at a cost of customer service.

After my most recent move, someone from State Farm tried to offer me something. It was garbage. The rates smelled of a 18-year-old boy with four accidents, a couple of DWIs and a Ferrari in the driveway. Funny enough, the same bunch of ripoff artists offered my parents a better rate for both of them for three vehicles, one of which is a Corvette.

For those who have State Farm and have had positive experiences, good for you. But in this area, avoid that company at all costs.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Progressive was roughly two and a half times any other quote I got last time I looked.

Apparently region does matter.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I suppose it does. Sadly.

It probably has to do with company's presence in the area, number of boots company can put on ground and a particular state's regulations.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm telling you there was no link saying "compare our direct rate." The only option Flo gave me was to save for future use or proceed to buy.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

IJAG, only now did that link appear. And according to this, State Farm looks to be my best option.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Have never had a problem with State Farm in more than 15 years as a policy holder, including the time I was at fault in the accident.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Geico.
    Love it. I've got full coverage (glass included) and I've been pretty happy. Customer service is easy as pie and filing a claim was just as easy. My record isn't clean by any means, but I'm not paying much at all. Cheaper than what most have posted in this thread.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Seriously, we've been with Erie for over 20 years now, and they've always come across well, both in rate for us, rate for a directionally-challenged teen-ager, and customer service.

Draft saved Draft deleted