1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car Insurance Recommendations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I echo all the other good things about State Farm. Somewhere else might be cheaper - although mine isn't bad as far as I know - but it would be hard to beat their service.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've always had AAA and never had a problem with competitive rates...

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've been with State Farm for a few years and have been very happy with them. An added bonus: if you're a State Farm customer, you can use Turbo Tax online for free. I learned about that from someone here and I've saved myself the $ the past 2 years.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

True that.

5. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I am with Nationwide. My rates are dramatically cheaper ($150 every four months) than most, but I only carry liability and my record is clean.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Nationwide is on your side.

----

I'm with Progressive. They've been very good to me.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'll put in a good word for Allstate. We saved big bucks when we switched from Nationwide at the same time we bought our first house. No auto claims, but the one home claim we had to file, they were quick to pay, fair with the adjustment, and didn't jack up our rates afterwards.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Another satisfied State Farm customer here. Although my rates did jump a bit when my daughter wrecked her car, but I can't really blame State Farm for that.

I've used them for 20 years--excellent service.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Of course you are happy with insurance if you've never had to make a claim. It's after the claim when you find if they jerk you around or treat you right.

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Let me echo the State Farm kudos. I've been with them since I first started driving. Their rates may be slightly higher (I don't know for sure), but I have gotten nothing but excellent customer service from them from the beginning.

I don't see myself going anywhere else.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yes.

Plus, they have good multi-insurance discounts. I just added renter's insurance with them and it barely cost anything. When I use to own a house, I went through them and it was very good.

I've always heard you pay more, but it is the best and I've been with them since I could first drive.

And like someone up above said, the customer service is awesome.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My experience with State Farm homeowners insurance is they are loathe to pay. Had some hail a few years ago and everyone on the street seemed to get a new roof but the guy next door with State Farm.

Draft saved Draft deleted