1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car insurance question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 7, 2009.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

has nothing to do with insurance company "getting a little wise;" if there's no lien on the car, it's up to you whether you want to use the money to fix it.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The money is to compensate you for the damage to your property; whether you want to spend it fixing your car or pocketing it is your choice.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sure it wasn't hookers and cocaine?

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

$650 worth of damage and you get a check for that amount? What, you have the $10 deductible?

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

A Ford Taurus with 173,000 and STILL on the road?? Call the local TV station and see if they'll do a feature story!

[/toyotaownersarcasm]

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

deductable wouldn't factor if it was the other driver's fault because it should be their insurance picking up the bill

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The last fender-bender I was in, I got a cool grand courtesy of State Farm, which I discover pays recipients handsomely. I'm not a customer so for all I know they may lowball the hell out of their own.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm driving two Chevys with a combined 700K. I'm holding out for a commercial.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Any secrets to that magic you'd be willing to share? We have two Toyotas that have 140,000+ each... I hate car payments.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Have you gotten the zip ties to fix your floormats yet? :)

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I get the oil changed regularly. That's about it. I recently had the coil replaced.
    The suspension isn't the greatest, especially when driving on the motocross courses that pass for roads around here.
    I just want to get through the winter with it, then see what I can get for trade-in.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Normally, yes. But in this case, for whatever reason, the other driver's insurance asked my wife to take it to her chosen mechanic and to have the mechanic forward the bill to the insurance company.

We figured it was because the insurance company was tired of sending checks to people for repairs not made. Other times, we've gotten the check for our dented cars.

Draft saved Draft deleted