1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car insurance advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by melock, Apr 20, 2010.

1. I have State Farm. I have been with them for almost 10 years. I've never had a problem with them. My insurance is actually cheaper than my mother's because of the extra discounts I get. I pay just over 50 a month for full coverage. I must say that I am pretty happy with them.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've been with Geico for about 18 years now and I'm totally satisfied.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I've had State Farm forever, not sure how competitive the rates are but we get a discount since our home insurance is through them too. At this point I'm too lazy to break all that up.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've had State Farm for about five years. I had no complaints, but the monthly rate had gone up a bit since I changed cars. Not crazy expensive, but higher than it used to be, so when the time to renew was approaching last August, I started to look at other companies to see if I could get a little break on the rates.

Then, one night on the way home from work, I hit a deer that ran out onto the highway. (The deer apparently scampered away, so I don't know was happened to it). Busted up the hood and grille and ended up having to get the radiator replaced also. I called in the claim and they immediately referred me to a good collision repair shop in time, charged me just the $500 deductible for about $3,000, set it up for me to get the car rental and paid $25 a day for the nine days I had the car.

In short, they made a pain-in-the-ass situation about 100 times less difficult than it could have been, and I immediately stopped thinking about changing my insurance.

Just a reminder that there's more than getting a cheap rate in this choice.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Be sure to shop around, of course, and if you know anyone in the auto-body business ask them. They usually have a pretty good idea about which companies are good and bad about paying claims, making things difficult, etc.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Esurance can eat the fattest dick in the history of dicks.

Two years I was with those fucking extortion artists, no tickets, no accidents, no claims of any kind and my insurance went up every time I reupped (I stayed with them cause it was easier than changing). They can kiss all of my ass.

Progressive rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted