1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car bomb at Madrid airport

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

CNN is reporting a car comb went off at Madrid's airport.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

James Brown ... Gerald Ford ... Saddam Hussein ... a ship carrying 850 people sinks in Indonesia ... like we need anything more to happen this week.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A ship carrying 850 sank?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

SEMARANG, Indonesia (AP) - A crowded Indonesian ferry broke apart and sank in the Java Sea during a violent storm that sent towering waves over its deck, and the vast majority of the nearly 640 passengers were still missing a day later, officials said Saturday.

Just 59 survivors had been found by late Saturday, many drifting in lifeboats or clinging to driftwood, the transport minister said. Witnesses reported seeing other crowded lifeboats, raising hopes more people may be found alive, he said. No bodies had been recovered.

Survivors reported panicked passengers fighting over life jackets as the boat capsized close to midnight Friday after being pounded by heavy waves for more than 10 hours.

5. Isn't there one of these every couple of years?
    Who builds the ferries? Halliburton?

Here's more on the car bomb. Apparently, they caught it in time and they think it's the ETA again.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aItnQrHKzjnw&refer=europe

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It never ends.

For a few months in '95, when I lived in Iowa City, I'd play cards with a 21-year-old dude named Carlos, from the Basque Country, who boasted he'd killed for the ETA. One hand in 7-stud he threw down an ace-high straight. I threw down a straight flush. Won $40. Then I stole his lighter. Good times.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's not even remotely funny.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It was designed that way by God. He knew most of the heavy-hitting media pundits were going to be gone on vacation.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

In the meantime, Fenian, gather your boys and kneel before your neighborhood Mullah. It's COWERING time.

10. What name were you living under then?

11. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I'd lay even money you're dumb enough to think Basques are Muslims.

Draft saved Draft deleted