1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caption contest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jan 19, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Once again, the Palins can't say no to a dick.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

"That's why you weren't in Who's Nalin' Palin"

BDC99 likes this.
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, no one has made a Glen Rice joke in a couple pages!

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

"Your Starman is out and floppin'!"

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What a clam, huh BYM?

The misogyny, it burns.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I happened upon an Angry Old White Male radio show the other day while I was looking for a traffic report (two staples of AM radio, there). The two guys were going on and on about how Palin and Trump are two peas of the same, non-conservative pod...they went off on a tangent about how terrible a person and how unconservative she is.

Then the kicker: "She's changed so, so much since we both supported her so vociferously when she was McCain's running mate..."

The way Angry Old White Males always bend facts to fit their narrative, and refuse to ever admit they are wrong, no longer fascinates me...it just makes me chuckle, especially since we all know the AOWMs are rapidly dying off like the dinosaurs they are.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They die off, but new ones are created every day.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't know if I count as an AOWM, but I'll freely admit she has proven me to have been completely wrong about her. When she was the VP nominee, I really liked her and thought her to be a rather good choice.

Still, since that race, as a public person she has radically changed. Perhaps this was the way she always was. Or perhaps she changed as a result of that race. Or it's somewhere in between. Doesn't much matter. The Palin we got from 2010 onward clearly doesn't belong in high office.

I still say, however, that she and her family were treated abominably during that race. And I maintain that this treatment spoke far more about her tormentors than it did about her.

SFIND and YankeeFan like this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I have it in my head that I think she likes the Tina Fey act so much that she now wants to be Tina Fey.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure the pay's better ...

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"I knew Glenn Rice. And you, sir, are no Glenn Rice."

Lugnuts and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Palin turned me off the minute she opened her mouth at the 2008 convention. It was visceral.

Draft saved Draft deleted