1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cape Cod Times looking for copy editor/reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Philkaplan, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you'll be stuck at 20 posts in three years -- every one of them asking: "has anybody that applied for this heard anything?" -- all while still at your same shitty job in stainsville.

even if the economy and newspapers were rolling, you still wouldn't have a good job because you wait for others to do your work instead of having a little, you know, incentive. stop being lazy and turn a couple of stones for yourself ... that's what real journalists do.

2. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Maybe someday if I work hard enough I can be like you, Mr. Costas, and spend my days aimlessly posting on messageboards behind the veil of a decrepit, aging rock star.

You're the coolest cat around, buddy. Stay classy.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thank you ... and i hear most of that more often than you'd think.

the "stay classy" part? eh, not so much. it's usually used by white trash who have false senses of self. you might want to lose it.

4. Suicide Squeezer

Only 128 more to go! You're almost there!

5. Suicide Squeezer

I feel like I'm turning into you. Lurking around the boards, constantly hitting refresh.

Do you think if you get a chance later you can sign my Traveling Wilburys album?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in the amount of time you wasted attempting to be funny, you could have answered this question: "Has anybody that applied for this heard anything?"

i guess it wasn't a very important question, now, was it? and you expect me to take you seriously? not so much, chief.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and to give you a little more help, that would have been 1,128 more to go. i think you were off by just a bit, you know, like a thousand.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Bickering aside, I just asked that before because I don't like bugging someone who could be a potential future boss with emails and phone calls too early. If I was the guy, I would think that's annoying and probably just toss out the kid's resume, no matter how qualified he was. Maybe it's just me. I was under the impression that's what boards like this were for. I guess I got the wrong impression.

And, Last DJ, the attempt to be funny doesn't take any time. For us folks with a sense of humor, it comes natural.

9. Suicide Squeezer

My apologies on the math. It's late. I spend the better part of my life looking at a computer screen, by this time in the morning, I'm usually half paying attention while watching sportscenter. Don't have much practice on messageboards in the wee hours of the morning. For you though, it seems old hat.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, you were a real laugh a minute.

and bickering aside, drop the fucking guy an e-mail if you want to know so bad. at least he'll know you're interested.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i have the job i set out to get, live where i set out to live, get paid well, my family is in bed and it's not even 11 p.m. here yet. yeah, i can afford to make another post or two before i turn in, but thanks for the support, sport.

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Tom,
    will you quit pissing on the newbs?
    Thanks
    BC

Draft saved Draft deleted