1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canzano torches Scott, Pac-12 hierarchy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ChrisLong, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Outstanding Portland Oregonian columnist John Canzano writes an investigative story on Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott, his failed plans and his extravagant lifestyle, all on the conferences money. Several comparisons to the SEC and Big Ten. It is 4 parts. Here is Part 1. There is a link in Part 1 to Part 2, which is about the lawyer stepping in to change calls from the video replay room. Part 3 is supposed to be today, and, presumably, Part 4 tomorrow.

Left out: How Larry Scott and the Pac-12 continue to lose ground in the college football arms race

2. ChrisLong

Can a Mod fix the misspelling in the headline? Hierarchy

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I read this morning.

What a joke the Pac 12 is. By far, the least producing of the Power 5 crime families, yet Don Larry Scott is the highest paid.

What a clown show.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Amateur athletics.

5. ChrisLong

I know and like Neuheisel, but for him to complain that UCLA football is hampered because the school loves the Olympic sports is just wrong.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Fixed, just venmo me $5 and we're cool bro

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Scott got a $1.8 million relocation loan in his first contract and hasn't paid it back. With a $4.8 million annual salary. Jeez.

8. ChrisLong

Put it on Elliotte’s tab. He “might” pay it.:)

playthrough likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's the best thing Canzano's done since he's been in Portland. Scott gets a lot of grief - much of it deserved. But the basic truth out in these parts is fans just don't care as much as they do in the B10 and SEC and the money confirms it.

HanSenSE, I Should Coco and ChrisLong like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How bad is the Pac-12? Nobody is talking about the championship game tonight. Nationally - or even in Pac-12 country.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hey, I at least know who's in it. That's why I'm not gonna watch.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If it's a choice between watching the Blazers or Ducks on TV or hiking a new trail on Mount Hood, Hood wins every time. Pretty much the whole West Coast has outdoor options that trump anything on TV.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted