1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canuck torture?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WHA73, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Motley Crue? We're playing Honeymoon Suite and Platinum Blonde over and over and over again. We win.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Canada's a nation of peace. Surely they wouldn't resort to these cruel tactics against a group of harmless terrorist animals...

3. Flash

Flash Guest

We learned from the best?

4. If you add Trooper, Toronto and Helix to the mix, I might be inclined to agree with you.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And playing Celine Dion should get somebody's hoser ass hauled before the International Criminal Court

6. Flash

Flash Guest

No, not even we would inflict Celine Dion on those bastards. Maybe The Spoons, though. And throw in some Rankins for good measure. That oughta make 'em cry.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey the boys in Honeymoon Suite are picking up a few bucks singing "New Girl Now" in a McDonald's commercial now.

8. I didn't realize they still were around. Isn't that song at least 20 years old?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Honeymoon Suite was my first foray into journalism. Was the editor of my junior high newspaper and snuck into their concert at the university. Parents were livid but for the sake of a story, I would do anything.
    That was Grade 9, so 1984 ... 22 years ago. Dammit. I'm old.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

What does it take........to get some service around here? :D

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I go way back with those guys. I remember when "New Girl Now" - in a much heavier arrangement than we're all familiar with - won the top prize in Q107's Homegrown contest. I saw them (along with Corey Hart) open for April Wine in the summer of 1984 when I worked at the Kingswood Music Theatre, a shed at Canada's Wonderland.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Was that before or after Corey left home, got a ride in the back of a truck driven by two mean hillbillies and ended up in NYC? :D

I think "Sunglasses At Night" was about prison torture.

Draft saved Draft deleted