1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't wait for Conan tonite

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 1, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

No...Paul never does. But could he try it once!!?!

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What in the world is wrong with you?

3. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Geez, you had to like the Peacock at the start, at least. Given that you were watching the night it debuted. In 1957. :)

4. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

They just don't make comedians like Charlie Chaplin these days, according to spnited.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

for the record, hathaway is looking quite fabulous. must be the lighting. and that mini red dress. :eek: :eek: :eek:

and she is too down-to-earth for words. strumming guitar to sing a couple of line of "sea of love." i'm in love.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

To all of you fucking assholes:

Sorry I don't think Conan is the great god of comedy. I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who didn't find either bit funny.

The good news is I turned it off before the totally untalented and unfunny Will Ferrell showed up and made it even worse.

To Clerk Typist and Walter_Sobchak...fuck you both with your moronic, sophomoric age bullshit.

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Solid B. No evident jitters, but it mostly traveled down well-worn territory.

Looking forward to the full monologue.

8. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Glad to see you can take a ribbing, spnited. That's important around here.

Oh, and both O'Brien and Farrell are acquired tastes. I thought O'Brien was ill-suited for television upon his debut in the "Late Night" slot, but his style works for me now, even as Allen's and Paar's did. Farrell, I'm still trying to figure out; seems a poor man's Jerry Lewis (remember him?).

Since you turned it off, how do you know if his presence made it worse or better? Are you both a seer and a story teller?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

First of all, it's Ferrell, so I guess you haven't quite acquired a taste for him yet.

And are you really old enough to remember Allen and Paar?

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Andy = William B. Williams

(Tonight, at least.)

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I liked it.

Still haven't watched a full Fallon show yet.

12. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

What's up with Andy Richter's hair? He looks like a mental patient.

Draft saved Draft deleted