1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't wait for Conan tonite

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 1, 2009.

1. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I liked the running across America bit and I liked the Universal tours bit, but the monologue didn't do much for me at all, and I can't help but think there's nothing new or more polished about this show. This is Late Night with Conan O'Brien from about 10 years ago with Richter, Weinberg, the sets, etc. I was hoping for a bit more, something new.

I know Conan has his loyal followers, but it's been a while since I truly loved the show. I think Leno's new show will still be NBC's anchor, they're just shifting everything forward a few hours.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

she's a jimmy fallon fan and insisted. who am i to be a bad host?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I've moved on to an Anthony Bourdain rerun, with a side trip to Top Gear on BBC America.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Like I said at the start of this thread, he was my favorite late night host before he moved to 11:30 p.m. He was still my favorite after the move. Then he had his son and something changed.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

no maybe about it. she's in my top 5 and NEVER falls out. everything about her is hot. looks, smarts, sense of humor. mmm-mmm. 8) 8) 8)

oh, and to be snarky, that's hath-A-way. we must protect our jersey girls. ;) ;) ;)

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I know her name. I often scream it while masturbating. That was just a typo, borne from typing with one hand.

But, seriously, there's this weird thing about her. Half the time, she really looks like the hottest piece on Earth. Then, if the light's not just so or something, she looks ... I dunno ... weird.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

A vote for Liza is like urinating on the flag.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Red Menace

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Loved the cross-country bit. Wasn't that crazy about the Universal tour gag. Loved the monologue.

I'm taking bets on how long Andy will stay *this* time before bailing for badsitcompilotville.

And what was with that podium Andy was using?

Otherwise, Conan was off to such a good start, I didn't check Dave.

Guest-wise, I am not a fan of Will Ferrell. Don't usually stay for the musical guests, regardless of *who* it is.

Gotta run...Craig Ferguson is on in 10 minutes.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Good Lord, it's Pearl Jam."

Excellent performance, excellent show. Suck it Leno, don't come back any time soon.

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

God, I can't wait for this new album. ACL can't get here fast enough.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Ferrell was Ferrell. He was good. Had some funny lines.

I didn't get Andy's podium either. But they obviously can't or don't want to put him on the stage.

Although, I'm wondering how long before Andy because a bigger part of the show, like Paul on Dave. Paul never shuts the hell up.

Draft saved Draft deleted