1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't wait for Conan tonite

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 1, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, I found nothing funny about the opening or the Universal bit.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I loved the Universal tour thing because I've taken that tour and lived about five minutes from the studios so I recognized the places he drove the bus passed. I can't imagine seeing that thing on the streets when traffic sucks as it is. I also think I looked for some halloween gear at that 99 cent store he went to.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

So far, so good. Typical Conan. Like someone else said, I laughed more in the first 20 minutes than I ever laughed at Leno during his tenure.

4. Pete Incaviglia

I too took that tour when I went to Universal. I'd have died to have him at the helm.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

slight temporary threadjack: i'm forced to watch jimmy fallon tonight with anne hathaway as a guest.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Conan on Leno: "He's gonna be back on the air in two days, I think."

I like the snark.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If Anne Hathaway is your guest, what the hell are you doing watching TV?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hate the skit comedy. Not as much as I despise Jaywalking, but it may be time for a trip to Letterman.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Maybe I get slammed for this. But Anne Hathway is like the Two-Face from Seinfeld. Sometimes she looks smoking hot ... and sometimes, meh.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Hope your trip to Letterman comes in a DeLorean with a flux capacitor ... so maybe he'll actually be funny again. ;)

11. Pete Incaviglia

You only need to rewind to before he had his son.

Ever since he had - Harry is it? - that's all he talks about. And the jokes have sucked since then, too.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't recall laughing at Letterman in a number of years, although admittedly I've only been a sporadic late-night talk show viewer over that time.

Draft saved Draft deleted