1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't wait for Conan tonite

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 1, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the Palin stuff had a lot to do with Letterman's win. Though, I found it interesting that Nightline beat both Conan and Letterman last night.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It'll probably trounce both talk shows tonight, too.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So, after a few weeks, I think it's safe to say Conan is settling in and going back to what works.
    Last night, the post-monologue bit featured a "Kiss cam" segment. One of the couples was a pair of gay guys in S&M gear. Both were wearing ball gags.
    Tonight, he had a segment comparing famous quotes to those of celebrities. The last zinger was a Paris Hilton joke about her doing -- and I quote -- "reverse cowgirl". :eek:
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say being on at 10:30 hasn't changed him.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the amount of leeway they've given him. I guess NBC is really counting on that younger demo.

So far, I like what I've seen. Watched a replay the other day of Monday's episode (the one with Jeff Goldblum). Apart from that lame ass interview (Conan and JG spent the first segment talking about the time they spent together in a bar and spent the second talking about how JG picks up chicks), it was a decent show.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The younger demo is the only one they care about.

6. [​IMG]

The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future.

Seriously though, my generation invented "Funemployment" ... we deserve all that's due us.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are you in the wrong thread? What the fuck was that about?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Famous quotes from popular movies referencing posts directly above me. Sorry?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I just didn't connect the dots. It seemed rather random.

10. I should have quoted the referenced post. Or made a better joke.

Anyway, Conan > Apple pie+baseball

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There was a bit on The Daily Beast about problems at NBC/Universal lumping Conan's sagging cumulative numbers in with a string of underperforming movies.
    Anyway, I'm watching the show tonight and I'm thinking they've cut Conan's interviews tighter, but he just jumped from topic to topic, going from a guest telling a story to "that's what I liked about your movie." Don't know what it means, but it was odd. I realize they nip and tuck shows before airing for time, but the felt like they were trying to tighten up his interviews and eliminate all segues between topics.

Draft saved Draft deleted