1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can't afford to keep your grass green? don't buy a home here.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jps, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/article847365.ece

note: after seeing the story, it seems, many people, including a marine and county commissioner, got together and got the lawn up to snuff. guess there are good people out there, still.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20081013/NEWS/810130377

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

You know what's funny? I've probably uttered the words in your thread title verbatim in regards to my hillbilly neighbor.

Dude, we have a HOA for a reason. Water your damn lawn.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to know what this HOA's documents say verbatim. I would doubt they say the lawn has to be "covered" with grass because that would mean you couldn't have a flower bed.

I'm not sure when the photo in the story was taken, but I'd be happy to have one or two of my neighbors have that much grass on their lawn.

But when you move into a deed-restricted neighborhood, read these documents BEFORE you sign the papers (yes, your real estate agent will gladly get you a copy up front). If you have no intention of following the rules, move somewhere else.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

As a person with minimal lawn care motivation at best, I sincerely hope the mulch nazi at my HOA doesn't read this article ...

Draft saved Draft deleted