1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canseco blackmailed Magglio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

[​IMG]

No, seriously, that Jose Canseco, he's a great guy ...

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm talking about more recently than that, where he seems to just be throwing names against a wall, hoping they stick (Alex Rodriguez, being the biggest noodle).

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

After Canseco began making it clear how much of a slimeball he really is a few years back, I threw something up on here asking for a proper way to dispose of the 188 Canseco baseball cards I now reluctantly own.
    I never got a suggestion I was happy with, but I'm starting to think I was aiming too high -- Canseco might not earn anything over putting them in the shredder.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

To think of all the money I invested in a "sure Hall-of-Famer" is completely sickening.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've always disliked that oakland a's shitbag with a passion. somehow i now feel superior to you

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And that's what did it? I'm surprised I lasted that long, my friend.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

;)

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Lots of SCOOPS in that book!

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He'll be a Red as soon as his suspension is over.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

What if you defecated on them? Then, you could pee on them to ensure every card gets smeared with a little shit. Follow that with a little gasoline and drop a match.

Or, you could just punch them until they disintegrated. Your call.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

A little messy for my liking. Plus that would have to be one large defecation. 188 baseball cards go a long way. I just don't know if I have that in me.
    Maybe I can hit up a frat or something.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The thing is, he was always doing that. He had access to real information on some of the players he implicated, but others he was making "educated guesses."

This is a complete lowlife of a human being. He admitted cheating after years of denials. Now he wants us to believe all players have to cheat to be as great as he thinks he was.

Hurting MLB is also on Canseco's agenda. Remember, this idiot has accused MLB of blackballing him. Because, really, how could every team in the majors resist the urge to pay millions of dollars to an injury-prone steroid cheat who not only could no longer play the field or run worth a damn, but was showing considerable cracks in his offensive game. And, as a bonus, he's a clubhouse distraction with the occasional legal issue (mostly speeding if I remember, but reckless-driving level speeding).

Juiced was influential for one reason: Enough members of Congress saw the low-risk opportunity to grandstand and took it. And in the process these people who are supposed to be our leaders backed the word of a complete lowlife.

Draft saved Draft deleted