1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Candygram For Mr. Mongo!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 25, 2006.

1. http://sports.aol.com/horseracing/story/_a/jockey-apologizes-for-head-butting-horse/20060724142909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/29835/

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[Act 2, Scene 1] The Horseracing Regulatory Authority disciplinary hearing:

Steward #1 (Doug Neidermeyer) O'Neill! What kind of man hits a defenceless animal? I've got a good mind to smash your fat face. Listen up, you nauseating pile of blubber. Your days are numbered at the Stratford races. You and all your sick Jockey buddies.

4. FB,

I put it up on a tee for you on the Canuck thread, but I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do for you here.

They will be here soon for you.

(sadly walks away)

They got here before me

5. The Big Ragu

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

7. The Big Ragu

I doubt it. A one-day suspension isn't going to appease PETA. They might as well have ruled against the horse and sentenced him to the glue factory.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

nothing will appease PETA

9. The Big Ragu

Well, you know me, Idaho. I think most of those activists are bat shit. But I actually agree with a good deal of what they stand for. Just not their methods.

Draft saved Draft deleted