1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadians: "Let's get out of Afghanistan"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

nice JR - the great humanitarian - we all know connotation of the short bus. I don't thinks its funny at all. I have a nephew that has to ride one. It allows him to arrive safely at school and give him as much a sense of normalcy as possible.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Gee, Boom, I have a nephew too. What a coincidence.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sooooo.... you're telling us that the following organizations and individuals were all lying to us about Iraq from the 1991 cease fire to the 2003 conclusion of the Gulf War:

George Bush
    Bill Clinton
    Madeleine Albright
    Colin Powell
    The CIA
    Mossad
    The Russians
    The French
    The Brits
    The Germans
    The Saudis

Every single one of them believed Saddam was seeking nuclear and chemical weapons based on the intelligence available to them. And they didn't all get their intelligence from George Bush.

That's one hell of a conspiracy you've got going there dude. All these groups and individuals conspired to lie to the American people about what Saddam was up to. That'd make one hell of a book.

4. Boom_70

Very plausible theory - It all started with this letter sent to Bill Clinton by several liberal senators

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

5. Boom_70

JR your are a real enigma - You want to come across as this great worldly humanitarian - then you go and make fun of the handicapped and homosexuals -

I don't get it - who is the real jr - hello is there anybody in there? Is anyone home?

6. All those senators apparently were fed bogus intelligence from the governor's office in Austin.

As for JR, the smug superiority he shows regarding Americans (a very Canadian trait) also shows up in other areas, evidently.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Here's where J.R. thinks Americans are stupid:
    Gee, this doesn't sound anti-American:

No anti-American sentiment here:

Those were just from the Damon Allen thread.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Making fun of mentally challenged kids.

Real classy, JR. Real classy. Must make you feel like a big man.

Short bus.

What a knee-slapper.

Can't wait for the special olympics jokes.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow, check out the Big Brain on Poindexter. He knows how to use the search functiion.

Between him and Boom, we may reach a room temperature IQ.

You're a dick, Poindexter. Why not go back to your bashing Muslim thread with your bumboy Hondo

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nothing anti-American there. Lots of anti-Canadian sentiment though.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm gone for 12 hours and a political thread I thought had potential for keeping to a real debate falls apart into the regular shit show with the same sixth grade insults being tossed back and forth that every political thread on the forum turns into. This is why I normally avoid these threads at all costs.

Well back to the all purpose hockey thread from which I came.

12. Are AQB, Boom, and the rest of these people really so dense as to believe that same conditions existed in Iraq in 1991-98, when we didn;t invade, destroy, occupy, and plunge the country into civil war, as existed in 2003, when we did, based on stovepiped intelligence and rhetorical lies?
    The answer to that would appear to be, yes.
    Try harder, gang.
    Geez.

Draft saved Draft deleted