1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadians: "Let's get out of Afghanistan"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Sep 18, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I didn't realize we still had American troops in Afghanistan.

I thought we had taken all of our guys out of the country where most of the terrorists are and moved them over to Iraq to fight the ... ugh ... war on terror.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

here, let me spell it out for you einstein ... every un troop in afghanistan equates to a us troop in iraq.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

boom - reply to your only two quotes actually taken from the 90s:

boom: "Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." -- Madeline Albright, 1998 "\

at what point did the un sanctions break down allowing saddam to retain and enhance ...?

boom "(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983" -- National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998

yeah, shit. remember that time in 85 when saddam sent the nuke over that took out half of the midwest. how we ever rebounded from that, i'll never know. still praying for ya kansas city.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boom has uncovered his quotes of mass stupidity.

How else to explain his latest posts?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jr - You don't even read what you write. The same "lies" which you attribute to Bush were made over and over by the Clinton adminstration.

Was the Clinton administation lying also when they claimed that Saddam had WMD's and Nerve gas?

Where did John Kerry get his information from or Wesley Clarke- Surely it was not from Bush State of Union address of '02.

I think we all can now agree that the US over estimated Saddams power but the mistakes started long before Bush became President.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Good Lord, Boom has dug up Republican talking points from three years ago. Pathetic.

Go away and pester someone else.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So JR, just for clarification, are you stating that Saddam never sought to produce nuclear weapons, anthrax and chemical weapons in the 90s and that he never paid the families of suicide bombers? Is that your contention?

8. No.
    He sought them from us. And we gave them to him.
    Years ago.
    And the war was based on lies, stovepiped intelligence, and lunatic messianic dreams from a bunch of chickenhawks.
    All these things are true.

9. Boom_70

That were as accurate then as they are now.

I think you should know me well enough by now to know that I am not going away and allow to you to put up your anti America BS without question. Unlike you, I won't say go away because the more you post the more marginalized you become.

Here for your reading pleasure - a few more quotes:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18,1998.

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boom, you marginalized yourself some time ago with your dumbass out of context quotes

Give me one instance of anti-Americanism on my part.

Oh, and being critical of Bush and his cronies doesn't count; otherwise the majority of Americans would be "anti-American"

11. Boom_70

ahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa.......

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boom, your ride is waiting:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted