1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadians “always carry a chip on their shoulder”

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Don't blame the hosers. The 'Big Fat Idiot' is from Cape Girardeau, Missouri. </AlFranken>

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We've got three terrific microbrewers in Chicago: Goose Island, Piece, and Revolution. Goose Island has good regional distribution.

And lots of bars have put in the work to have good beer lists loaded up with microbrews and Belgian beers.

But, to be fair, capitalism hasn't always helped the micros get distribution.

Crain's just did a big article about how the big distributors pay the bars to pour their beer and how it squeezes out the little guy. It really sucks.

I went into a chain "Irish Bar/Restaurant" for lunch yesterday. (In my defense, I was in a far off suburb.) They had a lot of beers on tap, but except for Guinness, I think the rest were all from Anheuser-Busch or MillerCoors.

Here's a little of the Crain's article:

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Not a whole lot different from what food companies do to make sure they have prime shelf space at the supermarket.

4. HA!

5. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

I've never met an American who wasn't nice.
    I've been in the U.S. plenty of times and so far none of them have shot me.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

7. Yet you still suck Obama's cock. Typical.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You haven't been to Miami then.

10. In sad Cananadaville news, the epic Montreal indie band Wolf Parade went on "indefinite hiatus." Sad week for rock fans of all nationalities.

Draft saved Draft deleted