1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadians “always carry a chip on their shoulder”

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Dec 1, 2010.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hey ... some of my best friends are Americans! :)

2. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I'm Canadian as well, and I've never met any Canadians that think this way. I've met a lot of nice American people and me and my friends always got along with them.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Socilism!!!

And just because it never gets tired

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Most regions as far as I know have their own craft beers or micro breweries. But for the most part the beer isn't widely distributed. Some exists within smaller restraunt chains only, and some can only be bought within a certain area at certain liquor stores. A guy I work with is actually involved with a small group of people who are trying to start up their own microbrewery, and again that one will only be available in like a 100 KM radius of the brewery or something like that. Basicallly you will be able to buy it in the middle of bumfuck Alberta and that's it.

I don't know if it's a movement as much as it is people frustrated with the mainstream beer.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone who's anti-American in terms of people. They have issues with American politics which, like it or not, affect us here in Canuckistan.

Hey ... some of my best friends are American! ;)

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is spot on

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do they factor in the protection US provides Canada that they could not afford on their own? Or the revenue from goods and services purchased in US dollars from Canada?

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Wait, shouldn't it be that you Canadians always carry a crisp on your shoulder?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

We're Canadian, not British. :)

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm not sure what protection the US gives us that we actually, um, need.

We're not in danger of being invaded by anyone. We've fought all of our own battles in wartime and have always handled ourselves quite capably.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Chip? Did someone way chip?

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

We have the best of both worlds in Canada - we have chips as in potato chips AND chips as in fish and chips. Win!

Draft saved Draft deleted